Reportedly, an intermediate student, Shaik Ayaaz (19), who consumed a poison-laced drink allegedly given by his girlfriend's mother, died on Monday in hospital. Shaik Ayaaz was in a relationship with a girl aged 16 from Moinabad for the last few years. According to the statement he gave to the police while in hospital, he went to her house on November 11 and was allegedly offered a soft drink by the girl's mother during his visit.
Moinabad Inspector B Raju said, after consuming the soft drink, Ayaaz went home. The next day, he started vomiting and was rushed to a nearby hospital. He was shifted to different hospitals by his family during the last ten days. He died during treatment on Monday morning.
A murder attempt case under Section 307 was registered, and after his death, it was altered to one under Section 302 (murder) of the IPC. Inquiries revealed that the two youngsters had exchanged some pictures, after which the girl's mother counseled Ayaaz against continuing the relationship. Ayaaz was slapped with a case under sections of the POCSO Act based on a complaint from the girl earlier this month.
A senior cop revealed that the investigation, so far, shows that the youngster fell sick the day after he went to the girl's house. An autopsy was conducted, and they are awaiting the report to know more about the reason behind the death. He also added that possibilities of him consuming the poison on his own too were being probed.