A fire broke out in Kukatpally in the city. The fire broke out at the Shiva Parvathi Theater in KPHB Colony just after midnight on Sunday. Equipment in the theater was completely gutted by a sudden large-scale fire. The roof of the theater collapsed due to the fire. No one was present at the time of the accident and no casualties were reported.
The security guard who noticed the fire in the theater informed the fire department. The fire department crews arrived there and put out the blaze with three fire engines. After working for three hours, firefighters managed to bring the fire under control but by that time, almost the entire theater is destroyed.
Authorities believe the fire was caused by a short circuit. It is estimated that the loss would be around 2 Crore Rupees. Shiva Parvathi is the first single-screen theater in the Kukatpally area. At the time when single-screen theaters are becoming extinct, a theater closing down like this has disappointed movie buffs big time.