With the rising fuel prices, Electric Vehicles usage is rapidly increasing in the city. But then, pushing the EV owners into a dilemma, an electric Scooty battery exploded in Chintal, Hyderabad. Luckily, no casualties were reported in the accident. Sai Kumar hails from Chintal, Bhagat Singh Nagar, and has been renting an electric scooter for 150 Rupees a day.
He would take out the battery and charge it every night. As usual, on Tuesday night, he placed the battery for the charge at his home. After some time, Saikumar noticed smoke coming from the battery at around 3 am on Wednesday. Saikumar got alerted immediately and tried to switch off the charger which is in the next room.
The battery exploded before he could some extent. The luggage in the house was burnt to some extent due to the blast. Sai Kumar's family members and his neighbors doused the fire by throwing water from the windows. Luckily, there is no loss of human life since there is no one in the room when the battery exploded.