The Standing Committee has given the green signal to undertake further development works in the metropolis (Hyderabad). The members approved the proposed works with Rs 43.65 crore of the standing committee at a meeting on Wednesday. It was decided to build modern markets in Ameerpet and Panjagutta to replace the old ones.
In Ameerpet, Rs. 13.20 crore, in Panjagutta Rs. 6.70 crore was allotted for the construction of modern markets. Khairatabad Indiranagar Two Bed Housing Colony will get a State of the Art Convention Hall at Rs 18 crore. The meeting, chaired by Mayor Gadwal Vijayalakshmi, was attended by Commissioner Lokesh Kumar, committee members, and senior officials.
Some other works approved by the Committee:
- From Lalapeta Flyover to Moulali Bridge, construction of 100 feet BT road with 3 crores.
- Acquisition of 544 properties for road widening up to 100 feet from Bandlaguda Tulsinagar to Wadi-e-Hud via Via Noori Nagar B Block, Milabnagar, Ghoush Nagar, Mustafa Hills.
- Acquisition of 352 properties for extension of the 60-meter road from Priyadarshini Hotel to Ambedkar Statue, Dubai Gate to LB Nagar in LB Nagar.
- Four mounting fogging machines by SHGs must be maintained for six months on a rental basis from 1st of this month to 31st of October. A payment of Rs 2,99,039 will be made for each vehicle.
- Construction of RCC pipelines at a cost of Rs 2.75 crore from Sagar Main Road No. 15 to Vanapathalipuram Christian Colony to HP Petrol Bunk Culvert.
- 40 feet widening of road from ESI Metro Station to ALN Yadav Park adjoining ESI boundary.
- Acquisition of 82 properties for a 36-meter-wide road from Rathifil to Alpha Hotel, 19 properties for widening of 30-meter road from Alpha to Old Gandhi Hospital, 46 properties for Old Gandhi Hospital to Secunderabad via Monda Market.